Learn UI Design: Information for Employers
Here are frequently asked questions from those who are purchasing Learn UI Design through their employers.
Who is teaching this course?
My name is Erik Kennedy, and I teach Learn UI Design. Here's a bit on my background:
Erik D. Kennedy is an independent UX/UI designer. His past clients include Amazon, Soylent, Pro.com, and others in social media, education, finance, marketing, healthcare, entertainment, and more. He's spoken in the US and abroad at conferences, businesses, and universities, and his design writing online has been read by over a million people.
Who will benefit from this course?
Most typically, folks in other fields of tech – developers, UX designers, founders/entrepreneurs. Here's a breakdown of what people typically get out of the course:
- Developers. By understanding the visual concerns at stake in modern, interactive, responsive apps, you will be able to code up designs far more effectively. In addition, by “speaking visual design”, you’ll reduce the number of visual design bugs that get filed because you can nip those issues in the bud.
- UX Designers. You can take your wireframes and go the next mile by designing them into full-fledged mockups. That reduces the communication time between two separate disciplines, which is huge, especially for smaller teams. You’ll also, of course, be able to work more effectively with other visual-focused designers.
- Entrepreneurs. Presentation matters. You can make your app, marketing site, pitch deck, etc. look good. When you are able to hire out for design work, you'll be able to lead and communicate more effectively.
- PMs. You will be able to create better vision mockups to sell new features or flows. You can work more effectively on teams that don’t have a visual designer. You can give better feedback to your designers.
- Print Designers. You can make the transition to UI design. You will gain familiarity with digital design paradigms, devices, tools, and best practices. You will be able to re-make your portfolio for the digital age.
Can I complete the course from any time zone?
The course is a video course. All lessons are pre-recorded and can be viewed at any time. All students have lifetime access, and will be able to use the course as a reference for years to come.
Occasionally, I hold webinars with Full Access plan students. These are non-essential to course completion, and typically take place in the early afternoon, Pacific time.
How long will the course take?
There are 24+ hours of video spread 48 lessons. Most lessons also have homework assignments. In workload, this course is roughly comparable to a university-level class. Assume it will take 2-6 months to complete the course, depending on rate of work.
Are there group discounts?
These numbers are subject to be different, but as of time of writing, the multi-seat discounts are:
- 30% off for 5+ seats (any plan)
- 45% off for 10+ seats (any plan)
- 60% off for 20+ seats (any plan)
Seats can be purchased in advance and filled at any time.
In addition, discounts apply retroactively (once you pay for the 5th, 10th, or 20th student, a discount is applied such that the new total is the corresponding percentage off).
If you'd like to enroll 5+ students, please email me.
Are there non-profit discounts?
Unfortunately, there are no other discounts at this time.
Can I get a completion certificate?
Yes. I will send a completion certificate upon completion of all lessons.
Can I get an invoice?
Yes. A receipt is sent by email upon enrollment. If you need a separate invoice, please email me after enrolling, and I will generate one.
How long is enrollment open?
Enrollment is typically open for 7 days. If your expense approval process takes longer than that, I am able to make an exception. Please email me at the start of the process.
If you'd like to enroll 5+ students, please email me at any time.